Maxol MicroTurbo Boiler Flue Pipes | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Maxol MicroTurbo Boiler Flue Pipes in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mhusen

I am having gas flue inspection hatches installed in my flat in SE London.

During installation, the engineer discovered that 2 of the flues needs replacing as they were botched jobs from previous problems. The engineer is having problems sourcing the flue pipes. Does anyone know where the replacement flues may be available or what the alternate solution is apart from replacing the boiler and the associated flue pipe work.

Will be very grateful for any assistance

I am pretty sure that Maxol was bought out at one point by Glen Dimplex.

A quick google search turns up this number 0844 371 1111 which is worth a try.

That boiler hasn't been made for about 10 years, so you may struggle.

I am pretty sure that Maxol was bought out at one point by Glen Dimplex.

A quick google search turns up this number 0844 371 1111 which is worth a try.

That boiler hasn't been made for about 10 years, so you may struggle.

Many thanks for your response.

Apart from changing the boiler, is there an alternative ( it is like changing the car engine because the exhaust is faulty )

Any help would be much appreciated.

Unfortunately the car engine analogy doesn't follow with gas boilers. A boiler model may only be manufactured for 2-3 years before it's replaced by an updated model. Traditionally after that the manufacturer may only stock spares for up to 10 years after which the boiler becomes obsolete.

In the case of your boiler which was bought over by another manufacturer the volume of spares would be limited so, unless you're extremely lucky and GD have the stock, you're looking at a new boiler.

Unfortunately the car engine analogy doesn't follow with gas boilers. A boiler model may only be manufactured for 2-3 years before it's replaced by an updated model. Traditionally after that the manufacturer may only stock spares for up to 10 years after which the boiler becomes obsolete.

In the case of your boiler which was bought over by another manufacturer the volume of spares would be limited so, unless you're extremely lucky and GD have the stock, you're looking at a new boiler.

Thank you for your response.

I will try GD tomorrow.

Does no one in the country fabricate flue pipes to order, it seems such a waste to throw away a good working boiler that has been serviced annually and is otherwise in full working order.

It would be a false economy. I see what you're thinking but if GD don't have the components you require you really would be better off replacing. In our world the manufacturer is king. If they don't have the parts or advise where or who they're available from then it's game over for the boiler.

A new boiler would be far more efficient than your boiler even though it's been serviced and cared for as you say it has.

Good luck with GD!

To: croppie & dave1,

Thank you very much for your comments and advice.

If however any thing else suddenly comes to mind please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It sounds like a misinterpretation of...
Replies
Views
Thank you for your information guys. On the...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Back