Mdf bath panel with plinth? | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Mdf bath panel with plinth? in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi folks

Do you guys fit your own timber panels or get a chippy in?

A lad I know has fitted one of the mdf panels with the 100mm skirting trim using 2 battens either end of the bath. Customer is refusing to pay as it bows slightly when touched.

Do you guys build a frame if you do it yourself?

Cheers

Private I do my own and glue some timber to the bath so it holds the panel in the middle so no bow

Full frame of 2x1 with recess cut in studs for the plinth, so front face of plinth is flush with studs.
However if panel is nice and stiff then I just fit battens each end and one to the floor.

Cheers for the replies folks. Do you fit it flush with the edge of the bath or let it sit forward a few mm? Do you use mirror screws to secure panel or magnets?

We also debated on whether the plinth goes behind or in front like a skirting board. My opinion is at the back.

Cheers

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have recently done a similar job with drop...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
does the bath price include the panel or is it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
me, fit uprights, that way you know its not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Depends on the floor if you can guarantee no...
Replies
Views
Little clips u screw onto the square wooden...
Replies
Views
Back