MDPE Pipe to 22mm | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss MDPE Pipe to 22mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all

So I am replacing a lead pipe in my property, and advise from another member was to replace the stopcock etc to 22mm instead of 15mm.

I was looking at the pipe coming from the road and it is a blue pipe, which was put in around 2 year ago. I presume this means it is MDPE?

Would the fitting at this link be substantial to join this to a 22mm pipe?

Many thanks in advance,

Aslong as you have a 25 mm blue alk pipe your trying to join onto

Thanks

I just found the MDPE stoptap (25 x 22). That is a better option for me. When you say liners? Are those the pushfit pipe nserts?

Yes and the white 25mm alk liners

If you do use speedfit and compression don’t use the super seal inserts

Supers are great for push fit fittings but there too big for compression

You need the regular jg inserts for compression

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
No as it’s 3/4 I’m guessing it’s black mdpe...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Nice! I didn't know that existed. Appreciate...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes best to get the whole lot replaced from...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I was hoping for a 1/4 turn ball valve type...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the recommendations. I will...
Replies
Views
Back