Megaflo unvented cylinder drip | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Megaflo unvented cylinder drip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hi there. I have noticed a drip on the primary flow pipe going into the tank. Not sure what could be causing it. It seems to happen when the heating and hot water are off. Have attached a photo. It comes from the top and runs down the pipe.

No dripping in the tundish and we replenished the air bubble last week so shouldn't be that.

Thanks

20190408_103100.jpg

It is on the heating (primary) side, nothing to do with the hot water (secondary) side that comes from the Megaflo to the taps.
You could just call a heating engineer to replace it as it is technically not part of the unvented cylinder which would require the person to also hold the G3 ticket but why not find a heating engineer who has it then they can also service it at the same time & maybe put the pipe insulation on which should have been there from installation.

Thanks for your replies. I've tightened it and seems to have stopped the dripping so far. Should it be a bit loose though so it can relieve any pressure if needed? Am waiting for our usual heating engineer to take a look in case it needs replacing.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If the 'TPR' valve you usually turn to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think this is the most likely solution...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Thermostat changed... With the new one, it...
Replies
Views
Depends if it’s a serviceable item I don’t...
Replies
Views
Back