Megaflow indirect hot water cylinder. | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Megaflow indirect hot water cylinder. in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

L

LSJ

Hi, have Megaflo indirect unvented cylinder heated by gas boiler. Have noticed that when mains water stopcock is closed I can still draw hot water from the cylinder. Is this normal or is there a problem with the cylinder?

Sorry did not explain myself very well. The hot water just keeps on running until the cylinder empties for as long as the tap is open. I then refill it and recharge it as per the instructions on the cylinder. I just can't understand why this should be happening if the main stopcock is turned off. I only noticed this as I wanted to put a new washer on the bathroom hot tap. I thought that if the mains was off then I would not get water at the tap. It seems to be gravity or syphoning out of the cylinder. Hope that explains it a bit better. Thanks.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Morning, he took it out from where it was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Are you sure the taps arnt off the mains as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Has anyone fit the hot water cylinders with a...
Replies
Views
Back