Metal shower hose query | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Metal shower hose query in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Had a call from someone i know who is renting a property out whilst her son is away with work .
Said that tenant has a leak on the shower can i look .
Went out today and the hose from mixer body to shower head all the metal rings are pulled apart and the sheath underneath has a 3 inch split in it .And when i say pulled apart the metal on the hose is in tatters not just a couple slight gaps.

Asked how did that happen and tenant just said it just suddenly happened !!!

Personally i suspected they broke it but since found out that they have not paid rent for 3 months and have just been served an eviction notice.So out of curiosity has anyone ever come across one of those metal shower hose where it just fell apart??

Depends on the quality of the hose.
The metal cheap hoses will be easily damaged, but the interlocking stainless steel shower hoses with 5 or 10 year warranty are worth an extra few pounds.
Tenants can manage to damage anything though.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ah.. i see. yes very odd and at this point...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So far so good! Thank you very much
Replies
Views
  • Question
Firstly, I love seeing the world through other...
Replies
Views
  • Question
hi the boiler is a combi Worcester Bosh 28i...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you both Coby kenny AGUILAR and Ben-gee...
Replies
Views
Back