Minimum mains water flow rate | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Minimum mains water flow rate in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

F

Fitzthefool

Hi all.

Bumped into a guy who worked for a water supply company the other day and he mentioned that the supply company has a duty to be giving at least 10 litres per minute to a property. Is this true and if so is it true for all of the UK?

regards, chris

The Guaranteed Standards Scheme published in 2008 by OFWAT. 0.7bar minimum pressure in the communication pipe. Nothing about flow rates that I can see in there though.

It even mentions compensation amounts that Water suppliers have to pay in the event of low pressure!! I will be claiming £25 off my water bill tomorrow now :)

Attachments

• gud_pro_gss08.pdf
    49.3 KB · Views: 1
The Guaranteed Standards Scheme published in 2008 by OFWAT. 0.7bar minimum pressure in the communication pipe. Nothing about flow rates that I can see in there though.

It even mentions compensation amounts that Water suppliers have to pay in the event of low pressure!! I will be claiming £25 off my water bill tomorrow now :)

Just for clarification the compensation refers to DG3s which are points against the specific water company if your supply is unexpectedly interrupted for over 4 hrs.

The water company I work for sets its minimum pressure and flow above that of water regulations that is why I quoted those figures earlier in this thread.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Sorry for the delay in replying, I had an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Probably all off one main hence your problem...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I figured I should let you guys know in case...
Replies
Views
  • Question
All helpful possibilities cheers, I'm hoping...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds to me that the 15mm pipe that you are...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Back