Minor Electrical works training Scotland | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Minor Electrical works training Scotland in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I seem to be locked out of the plumbing courses section so gonna post it here

anyone know of any courses offering minor electrical work in Scotland? Reason I ask is most of the time we have the boiler wired up etc before the spark even gets to the job so all they do is a few tests and produce a certificate, was wondering if it would be worth my while getting the training so I can do it myself.

There are a few places doing them. Costs about £500 for a weeks course.
They you need to spend around another £4-500 every year on getting in with a registered body like Elecsa, Select etc and another 500 or so on a multifunction tester.
Not worth the bother unless you were guaranteed making a decent return on it.

well the company is registered with leccy body so i could just go on their registration wouldnt be expensive, and we are doing 2 boilers a day

If the company has sparks already they are unlikely to put you through the course and buy you the test kit you need, connect the boiler with a fly lead to commission then get out of there, it's not worth the hassle, the sparks will be getting blotted for price the same as you, so you will get paid what they get and won't save any time pass it on, too much hassle

Similar plumbing topics

O
  • Article
Are at home Level 2 courses actually viable...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
N
  • Article
grade B ld1 conventional fire detection system...
Replies
Views
Nelly72
N
Hey Kwak, just wondering how you're getting on...
Replies
Views
Stuarty117
S
  • Question
Anyone know of a repair service for Axpert...
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
Back