Mira shower mixer leaking back into wall | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Mira shower mixer leaking back into wall in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

B

Boathouse

I have an issue I would really appreciate some advice on.

I recently moved into an old house in need of renovation. Discovered that the shower (I think its a Mira Excel) was leaking into the kitchen. After much investigation I have determined that the leak is coming from behind the shower mixer.

I removed the mixer and turned the water back on at the main stopcock, the water poured out of the pipes at full pressure, with no leak in the kitchen. I popped the mixer back on and water again streamed down the wall into the kitchen.

I suspect what is happening is the compression nut between the mixer and the supply is leaking back into the wall, or the increased pressure cause by the shower mixer being in place is causing a leak further down where I cant see. Not sure what what to do here for a quick fix, clean it off and apply some PTFE? If I have to remove the olive or redo the pipe it will mean removing the tiles. In a few months time we will hopefully rip everything out an start over, but would like to be able to use the shower in the mean time.

You could try a bit.of PTFE, it don't do any harm. You should also replace the rubber or fibre washers on the unions where the mixer attaches to the pipe tails.

Upvote 0
Thanks Masood,

When you say the unions where the mixer attaches to the pipe tales, does that mean where the compression nut fixes to the inlet nipples, or where the inlet nipples connect to the mixer?

M.JPG

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

S
  • Question
If it was on a job of mine I would cut it out...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Is there a stop that prevents the spindle...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Agreed! I was also going to suggest the same.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer...
Replies
Views
Back