Missing pot from trapped gulley (Brand identification request) | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Missing pot from trapped gulley (Brand identification request) in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Stigster

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Hi Guys,

I have a customer who has had building work done and the pot (if that's what it's called) has gone missing. I believe the builders blocked the drain with debris, removed the insert/pot/grill and the clowns didn't put it straight back and it got dumped with all the other waste on site. I told the customer if I can identify the make/type of trap, I could possibly buy a new unit and take the trap/pot from it. The outlet is 110mm.

Does anyone know exactly who made this? Any input would be much appreciated and save an enormous amount of hassle.

Stu

Attachments

• trap with missing pot.jpg
    trap with missing pot.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
It looks similar to a Brett Martin part, though this spare may not include the dip tube:

A pic on Screwfix shows a similar style black hopper, but other Floplast sites show a brown hopper!
Screwfix mention the dip tube, but not a pot.
Search for item 6244K
IMG_0721.jpeg

Both the above seem to have screw holes in the grille in the right place. But I'm guessing here 🤔

I appreciate your efforts. That's a good place to start. I'm trying to avoid driving around to all the merchants and looking at everything. I'll find out who does Brett stuff and start there. Might as well start somewhere. Amazing the bother that some clueless person can cause by not immediately replacing such a thing. I've been through piles of rubbish in the back yard and it ain't there!

It looks similar to a Brett Martin part, though this spare may not include the dip tube:

A pic on Screwfix shows a similar style black hopper, but other Floplast sites show a brown hopper!
Screwfix mention the dip tube, but not a pot.
Search for item 6244K

Both the above seem to have screw holes in the grille in the right place. But I'm guessing here 🤔

You are an absolute star! It was Brett-Martin and using the measurements I took was able to find one at a local merchant. I had to buy the whole assembly and just use the internals but that has saved a nightmare of a job. The parts fitted perfectly.

Thanks, Basher.

Back