Mixer shower feed through heater | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Mixer shower feed through heater in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all.Could I feed an en suite mixer shower from a loft cold tank through an inline instant electric heater and twin impeller pump.If so would the pump go before the heater or after.I would appreciate any other idea's if mine is not feasible.

No bad idea (elec heater and a pump)

Upvote 0
if your going to be using more than one outlet as a time start looking at the main / other things

whats your main atm lead blue etc ?

Upvote 0
Personally with an electric shower already fitted, I can't see a reason why you cant run a mixer shower off the combi. Your heating running most of the time through winter doesn't matter, you'll only be running the shower for 10 mins at a time at most so your heating won't be off for long.
If your concerned about flow rate during multiple outlets been used, then maybe consider adding a header tank and cylinder and adding an extra zone to your heating to feed your extra shower/bathroom. Then you can have your pumped mixer.

Upvote 0
Well it won’t so you need to look at correctly designed specced solutions. Unvented cylinder likely your best solution

Upvote 0
time to phone the water board and ask them whats the pressure and flow you can get

Upvote 0
Made up systems rarely work as you’d wish
Ok thanks for help
Personally with an electric shower already fitted, I can't see a reason why you cant run a mixer shower off the combi. Your heating running most of the time through winter doesn't matter, you'll only be running the shower for 10 mins at a time at most so your heating won't be off for long.
If your concerned about flow rate during multiple outlets been used, then maybe consider adding a header tank and cylinder and adding an extra zone to your heating to feed your extra shower/bathroom. Then you can have your pumped mixer.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

B
  • Question
Your plumber was correct, the mixer-tap idea...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You say you have multiple showers. Have you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi SI......is the shower on the same floor as...
Replies
Views
Back