Mixer shower runs lukewarm despite actual tap being red hot to touch | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Mixer shower runs lukewarm despite actual tap being red hot to touch in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

L

Liam Henderson

Hello all,

I’m having a little trouble with the below and would appreciated some suggestions as to what the problem may be! Generally speaking I want to determine whether it’s a faulty boiler or a faulty shower, or both.

Showerforce 902-T Thermostatic mixer shower produces only lukewarm water. However, the mixer is red hot to the touch at point of connection with hot water pipe.

Water is delivered from a Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior combi boiler (situated in same room).

Furthermore, the lukewarm water sporadically turns cold for approx 10 seconds before returning to the original temperature. This coincides with the boiler cutting out, then getting momentarily louder as it fires up again.

All other hot water outlets in the flat deliver hot water as expected with not issues whatsoever. There are also no issues with the heating.

Could a faulty cartridge be the culprit? And as for the boiler, could it be a back-up of hot water in the pipes that it making it cut out?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Liam

Has the problem mixer been working fine up til now? If so it's probably the thermostatic cartridge. If it's a new mixer, then it could be a problem with the pipework to it (restriction or hot and cold piped the wrong way), a non return valve jammed, blocked filter or the thermo cartridge could be faulty.

Upvote 0
Apprieciate the replies!

Only moved in to the property 10 months ago and it's always been the same. However, the boiler cut outs during the shower has become a little more regular the past month or so so keen to get fixed.

Although the mixer looks reletively new its only a cheap one so rather than mess about with parts i'm leaning towards just replacing the whole mixer.

Hopefully the boiler cut out is directly linked to the faulty mixer although of course it could be two seperate issues altogether and just a coincidence

Cheers!

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
With hot tap open, if you turn the shower to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If it's a thermostatic shower valve it won't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Fit a non- return valve in the hot feed to the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Riley. I know the permanent solution...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Understood, but the instructions from the...
Replies
Views
Christop
C
Back