Mixer tap for basin query | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Mixer tap for basin query in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everyone,

At present I have a single one hole mixer tap in the bathroom basin but would like to know is it possible to get a thermostatic mixer tap for a basin? I have a thermostatic shower which is great and the basin tap isn't great and it would be great to install a tap with a temperature I can control just like my shower.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you.

1. Yes, you can get them. Search for "thermostatic basin mixer tap".
2. Make sure you get one which suits your system pressure.
2a. If you have a tank fed system, the basin tap pressure of a first floor bathroom with tanks in the loft above will be about 0.2 bar, so low pressure. I doubt you will find a thermostatic basin mixer for this type of system.
2b. If you have a combi boiler, an unvented hot water cylinder or a pumped supply, the pressure is likely to be 1.0 bar or higher, so high pressure.

Would this kind of tap be any good for high pressure water? and do thermostatic basin mixer taps usually cost a bit more than normal tap? Would there be any alternatives to a thermostatic basin mixer tap?
  • Boiler: Vokera Easi heat 25 combi boiler
  • Water supply: Incoming water for hot and cold water is via the mains water supply
  • Boiler on kitchen wall is about 10 metres from bathroom
Flow rate of 10.2l/minute with a 35deg rise
Cold water from tap filled 10 litre bucket in 25 seconds
Hot water from tap filled 10 litre bucket in 60 seconds

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would just ask them. Yes a bridge mixer is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Undo the chrome shroud
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’ve got exactly same problem. I have to put...
Replies
Views
  • Question
For £60 ish quid might be best just to replace...
Replies
Views
Back