Mixer Tap Removal please help | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Mixer Tap Removal please help in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi
Please can some advise how I remove the mixer tap above these images. This retaining bracket is fixed on well and I don’t think there will be room for it to spin around. The hot water flexi seems to have come loose from the tap as it is leaking quite heavily. Unless something has failed inside the tap. I made sure it was not water coming through from above from the seals. I have turned off the hot water isolating valve. I assumed it would be a box spanner but I can’t see the nut? There is some winged plastic clip in this metal bracket as well. Any help would be great. Thanks a lot. Phil

Attachments

• 9AD3798F-2160-42FD-84F9-6293A15FB5A8.jpeg
    9AD3798F-2160-42FD-84F9-6293A15FB5A8.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 44
  • B60CE4EA-D303-4D28-B6D1-6B4F4EACB5D3.jpeg
    B60CE4EA-D303-4D28-B6D1-6B4F4EACB5D3.jpeg
    314.2 KB · Views: 43
Top side through the hole on the back that’s normally for the push / pull waste rod

Top side through the hole on the back that’s normally for the push / pull waste rod
The push pull rod did come out of that bracket you are spot on. But I assumed the bracket would be bracing the tap aswell. Do you think I need to ignore that bracket altogether and see if there is a nut past the bracket through the hole? And get a box spanner up there somehow. It’s all very tight.
The leak came from nowhere can the flexi tales work themselves loose from the tap? If the pipe is knocked, I’m hoping I just need to nip it up. I imagined if something had failed in the tap the cold would be leaking too but that is fine and working.

The push pull rod did come out of that bracket you are spot on. But I assumed the bracket would be bracing the tap aswell. Do you think I need to ignore that bracket altogether and see if there is a nut past the bracket through the hole? And get a box spanner up there somehow. It’s all very tight.
The leak came from nowhere can the flexi tales work themselves loose from the tap? If the pipe is knocked, I’m hoping I just need to nip it up. I imagined if something had failed in the tap the cold would be leaking too but that is fine and working.

if you put an Allen key down from the top side of the tap through the rod hole you will be able to undo it,

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Take flow readings where ever you can. Just...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Unlikely if the bathroom hot works but closed 👍
Replies
Views
  • Question
For future reference, you’re best off with a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just for future reference, a grub screw doing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Marley Equator Demount tool in 15mm seem to be...
Replies
Views
Back