Mixing (Cooling) Vented Hot Water Prior To Pumping. | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Mixing (Cooling) Vented Hot Water Prior To Pumping. in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Customer has multi fuel stove doing heating and hot water.
Currently have an upstairs bathroom, bath, wc and basin.
Downstairs have a room about 6' square with just a wc in it.
They are thinking of turning it into a wet room, new wc, small basin and shower.

Easy option is an electric shower but not keen due to performance.

Currently cant pump it as water temperature above 65 and will cause issues with shower pump.

The stove doesnt seem to be plumbed in correctly as the cylinder sometimes needs the hot water running off to stop the cylinder over heating.

Now before I fettle the current heating side safely to give decent water control, is there anyway of mixing vented hot water prior to entry to a shower pump.

Obviously explained that current system isnt safe and needs sorting but all the customer sees are pound signs.

Answers on a postcode, thanks.

Cheers.

Tbh I’ve never had much luck with tmv3 on gravity

I have used TMV usually fitted close to pump and no problems.
Also fitted TMV in an airing cupboard for mixed hot supply piped then to digital shower processor in attic above, used on similar issue with unregulated temperature at cylinder due to an often used open fire boiler besides oil boiler.
Digital gravity shower should have no problems with flow I guess, as is controlled basically with switching on, rather than flow valves need decent flow on a positive head twin shower pump

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
The basin & bathtaps will be pretty old to be...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Murdoch, Thanks for your recommendation...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for your reply Basher. I played the...
Replies
Views
G
Replies
Views
Back