Modern equivalent for Stuart Turner pump no 10 | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Modern equivalent for Stuart Turner pump no 10 in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all, looking to replace a Stuart Turner Pump No 10 which has died on me.

The pump sits under the bathroom floor, where the well water supply comes in. It's activated by a float switch on the tank in the loft and cuts in when the water level is low, to top up the tank. Otherwise the water supply just comes in as a trickle, directly through the pump. The tank in the loft isn't far below the level of the well up the hill, so when the well isn't brim full the trickle isn't enough to keep up with demand.

Vital statistics on pump:

Volts 220/240
Single Phase 50Hz
Watts 60
Hft 5-20 (guessing this is head? Storage tank is about 10ft above it, so this would figure)
Hm 1.5-6.1
GPH 120-40
L/Min 9.1-3.0

I've had a look on the net but, aside from not knowing exactly what I need, everything available seems to be massively over-specced compared to the current one.

All advice greatly appreciated,

Dave

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi SI......is the shower on the same floor as...
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
Is this a new or existing installation? If new...
Replies
Views
mark16
M
J
  • Question
No your not missing anything Jim, but someone...
Replies
Views
happyflyer
H
B
  • Question
Late response bump on thread (I've been kind...
Replies
Views
btibuzz
B
Back