Monobloc tap one of the lever handles working loose | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Monobloc tap one of the lever handles working loose in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

I have just had cause to change the hot ceramic valve (VR04 Type) IN my kitchen tap because it was dripping. The replacement valve has cured the drip but the M4 securing screw that came with it was shorter than the original and did not protrude through enough to engage in the head of the valve. IT also had a fatter head as I found to my cost because it took me ages to wiggle it out of the lever housing. I therefore used the original screw which was fine initially but worked loose within an hour or so. I have tightened it repeatedly but it just works loose. I have been back to the seller who can't help. Am I missing something? Any ideas would be welcome.

Thank you for responding. Two days ago I tried a M4 16mm screw in the handle that is longer than the original (12mm) and much longer than the one supplied with the valve (8mm). It seems to have resolved the problem as the handle has not worked loose so far and before was doing so within a couple of uses of the tap. I find this very odd - when I put the original valve back in with the original screw it did not work loose, With new valve in and original screw it worked loose, now with new valve and longer screw it seems fine. The old and new valve are identical - don't get it. Thank you and all who responded

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
  • Question
What a great and informative post! Thanks for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You may find some orings that you can replace...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will do, thank...
Replies
Views
Hell! And all the while I thought it was the...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
@steadyon @ShaunCorbs - just wanted to report...
Replies
Views
Back