Move a radiator to new location | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Move a radiator to new location in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I want to shift a radiator about 30 cm sideways to fit a new library and wanted some advice on how to do this.
This is what I think I should do but any advice on how to do this or what products to use would be most welcome!

• Turn off boiler and drain system
  • Remove radiator
  • Cut down intake and return pipes to radiator
  • Fit in compression elbows and extend pipework to new radiator location with new cut pipework
  • Fix radiator to new location, attach pipework and refill system.

One of my questions was whether adding new elbows would in any way impact the pressure or somehow make the system work worse?

Thank you! :)

Attachments

• thumbnail_b85393a0-ebc6-4402-8abc-ca04a3178669.jpg
    thumbnail_b85393a0-ebc6-4402-8abc-ca04a3178669.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 24
Sorry, no idea as I'm doing it for a friend and don't really know his set-up...
Would this work for the elbows? I think the pipes there are 15mm, painted. I'd sand down the paint before installing these and use a pipe cutter to turn and extend sideways...
1646656729244.png

Similar plumbing topics

Ok, so on paper looks like a feasible upgrade...
Replies
Views
S
No point in doing anything with the radiators...
Replies
Views
Yep, that's what I meant (as per attached...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
With a flat you need to double-check what the...
Replies
Views
Back