Moved house and now have boiler quandry | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Moved house and now have boiler quandry in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simonpdl

Just moved into my new place and am wondering whether it's worth getting a combi boiler fitted and if i do - what size?

At the moment I have a baxi (solo??) in the back bedroom which is making a regular kettling noise when on. It's around 20 years old and doesn't seem to have had a service for many a year and so is probably hideously inefficient.

I've got seven radiators. 3 sinks. It's a three bedroomed victorian terrace. At the moment I've got a hideous electric shower but want a mixer.

I've been quoted just under £2000 for fitting a Valliant ecotec Pro 28 but I'm thinking of going for Glow Worm Ultracom hxi 24 which has been given best buy in Which?

Is 24w powerful enough for my needs?

24 should be but if your thinking of staying and doing an additional work that may require more rads/bathrooms etc id go for 28kw.

where are you located ?

24kw would be fine with your current set up as you have an electric shower, but if your getting a mixer shower I'd suggest a 28kw or 30kw

24kw is only just enough to provide basic hot water needs i never fit less than 28kw unless the customer insists

ive not had a problem in similar properties where ive fitted 24kw ,

We have a 24KW Vaillant Ecotec fitted in our house. Hot water supply is perfectly fine for running one shower. Not great for running a bath as you would expect but we get a fantastic shower from it. All depends on incoming mains pressure and flow rate to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
If you add up all the R values you can then...
Replies
Views
Is it fully decorated? / can you get at the...
Replies
Views
Worcester Bosch - Vaillant - Baxi - Potterton
Replies
Views
Thank you.... spot on. I have reached out to a...
Replies
Views
Back