Moving a boiler - pipework help please | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Moving a boiler - pipework help please in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Hi chaps
Im putting a new boiler (oil) across the other side of the garage. Pipework used to look like this:
MartinPipes.jpg
The system has a:

F&R for upstairs rads
F&R for downstairs rads going upwards as all rads on drops
F&R for HW
Fill is 15mm
Vent is off the HWR in 22mm

My mate who ususally helps with cases I cant get me heed round is selfishly off having a hernia sorted so its up to me at the last minute. Below is what I was thinking (ignore the position if the pump and valve, its not to scale):

MartinPipeworkOpt.jpg

Does this look about right? Any comments/ critiques would be welcome.

Thanks.

draw a plan of whats there now coming from the ceiling. Mark all the pipes with a marker then cut them all out...
hang new boiler and run pipes to suite new boiler can you not get a top fed unit????

looks like you got your work cut out there youll be fine mate have a cuppa..no biggy id love to be able to come and watch.lend a helping hand ill bring the jaffa cakes

just make sure you pop your vent and feed in right with the pump at the neutral point to save any problems down the line

Ok, I worked it out, joined up the 3 returns, and 2 CH flows. I added a new vent direct to the tank. A 15mm full bore lever valve at the boiler dumps nicely when you find a weep here or there :)
Oh and went 28mm out of the boiler.
Ignore wiring, all replaced.
Condensate straight through wall into downpipe.

I appreciate this is normal work for you guys but this is my first solo big re-jig, usually my boiler replacements are more straight forward.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376778071.713731.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376778098.641801.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376778110.753061.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376778124.573751.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376778185.649000.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376778211.221552.jpg

You gave yourself a lot of room for the pipe work lol:) is the fire vale still good then :) nice first solo job mate :)

next time put some spacers on the clips so you can get the insulation on the pipes

Hope condense is going to combined drain not soakaway, as per Building Regs?

next time put some spacers on the clips so you can get the insulation on the pipes
The clips give 16mm clearance so should be ok but I did think afterwards the round clips would have been better than the Talon ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I should have said "S-plan plus", of course!
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Just a thought but can you overdose the system...
Replies
Views
Yep, that's what I meant (as per attached...
Replies
Views
Back