moving an existing boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss moving an existing boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballandco

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hello people,
am i right in thinking that if a customer asks me to move a boiler that they have in their kitchen to a converted cupboard under the stairs I cant re fit this boiler that is 10 plus years old.As i will have to register it as a new installation.Ive told them I think this is right and told them the benefits of getting a new condensing boiler just wanted to check.
cheers

Ive had this argument before and had to agree to disagree with others on this forum, its perfectly acceptable to do, give gas safe a ring tomorrow and they will tell you this.
Iam never a fan of doing it as stuff doesnt fit aswell as it did the first time.

You can relocate, but ask the customer is it worth spending all that money reinstalling an old boiler?

As said,not a problem moving boiler location,done a few times due to extensions ect

But as said ,with boiler life spans coming down the argument for a new boiler increases,often needs new flue anyway if you can get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

G
Didn’t grease the oring before refitting...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back