Moving an internal 110mm waste pipe onto external wall "Maybe" | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Moving an internal 110mm waste pipe onto external wall "Maybe" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gibbi

Hi all,

I've never tackled moving the 110mm soil pipe before, so any comments or suggestions would be welcome.

I've got a boxed in 110mm pipe running up the inner corner of a house, through the kitchen, bathroom up into the loft.
There is a private side ally running down the side of the property, so there is room for the 110mm on the outside wall.
The house was built around 1980 and the place is gutted at the moment, more like a building site than my house, so I've ripped out the box around the pipe and started thinking that it might be an idea to remove it and run a new 110mm down the outside wall.
This would square off the kitchen/bathroom and obviously free up a bit of space.
The only set backs that I can see apart from having to use a core drill (as per other forum links), is the question of the floor access drain being only about 35mm from the wall, so I don't think there is enough room for a 110mm swan neck. Is there a straight adaptor with a 90 elbow that might work?
Or have I just found the reasons why they fitted it internally?

As I said it seemed like a good idea at the time but maybe you'll advise me different.
I've got access to a mate who is a pretty good builder, (mates rates and all that), but I don't really want to start another major project, digging out and moving drains.

I think I might have answered my own question whilst writing this, as it now looks a bit more trouble than it's worth (maybe)?

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts or advice it would be much appreciated

Regards

George

you will need to move the underground pipe to outside to suit the new position and cap/remove the internal one. you can not and should not fit bends at the bottom of a soil stack as it can cause blockages. A sweep bend should be used at the bottom of the stack under the ground.

more work than you probably want to do by the sounds of it.

Hi, thanks for the advice. I thought it was more trouble than it was worth, to gain just a few cm but I'm glad you've confirmed my gut feeling. Thanks for your reply. George

they were put inside to look tidier and actually I find easier to join into, as you dont have to core thro walls :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
D
oops I didn’t read it properly.
Replies
Views
Make sure there is a means of isolating the...
Replies
Views
Lloyd999
L
https://www.pipekit.co.uk/marley-hdpe-concentri...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Thanks both! Was about to ask whether it would...
Replies
Views
Back