moving none condensing boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss moving none condensing boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ptr080

can you confirm pls, that if a none condensing boiler has to be moved to another room than it has to be up grade to new condensing boiler,yes i am gsr but have not done much gas work lately due to getting more building work coming in,

Can't see why you can't just relocate existing, assuming appliance is all good :) Question is a bit vague in detail though ;)

thanks for replying,i have been asked to move a none con boiler to a diff room,because i will be fitting boiler i would have thought it would have to be upgrade to condensing,boiler is over 10yrs old,just need second appin before meeting customer pls,getting mixed answers.

As far as i'm aware it is ok, but personally I would never do it as cust would expect you to warrenty the boiler, I can alread y hear 'it was working fine until yyou moved it'

thanks for replys,was hoping it was not allowed under gas regs,prob best if i just refuse to fit unless upgraded,like you said prob pack up and be my fault, (not new extension)

Check see if they still make parts for it if not then explain to custard there is no point in moving it as will only need replacing when it breaks and require updating then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Look at a Viessman 222 10 year manufacturers...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
D
The return temperature at the boiler governs...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Back