Moving Old Boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Moving Old Boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danv44444

Is it against gas regs to move and old boiler from one outside wall to another?

Thanks Guys

:iagree: you don't have to register it as a new install as it isn't! It's a re-position IMHO :)

no issues with moving, but in my book a boiler that gets moved is never the same

potential issues of leaks and damaging parts, tell them first

Get em to sign a letter saying that boilers that are moved can get tempremental and may not work in its new posistion and you would advise against it and if they do ask you to do it its at there risk. Arse covering all the way

And check what parts they still make for it if they dont make some for it, there aint much more point in moving it imo

check it's fully working before you move it

Thanks a lot guys. The only other issue i was thinking of is wether the old flue will come out without damaging it as a replacement flue might not be available.

thanks for all your comments.

Thanks a lot guys. The only other issue i was thinking of is wether the old flue will come out without damaging it as a replacement flue might not be available.

thanks for all your comments.

What's the boiler? You do have to be a bit careful but it depends on how it was installed originally yeh?

What's the boiler? You do have to be a bit careful but it depends on how it was installed originally yeh?
Im not sure what boiler it is yet, a builder has ask me to come and move it for him and I have'nt looked at the job yet but i was'nt sure if it was against the regs because its not condensing from as far as i can tell from his information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
As it’s only a holiday let your fine I would...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back