moving rad (commercial) | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss moving rad (commercial) in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

G

gaspastemania

Need to move a radiator in a school about 6 foot, radiator is piped from below where so far not been able to get access into suspended ceiling to see if any ball fix valves are there . Its piped in iron as well what you guys think the odds are there will be service pipes above suspended ceiling ?? Dont fancy freezing this one as its top floor as well !!

Freezing is a sphincter :ciappa: tester! Honestly with all that is behind the pipe I break out in a cold sweat from the moment I have an open end until the moment a valve is in place!!!

I hope there's iso valves there for you!! lol

Cheers lol ,

i think i woill goto the riser first and isolate floor and drain that , less stress than freezing . OUt of curiousity would you freeze it??
There are about 6 classrooms on that floor .

Cheers lol ,

i think i woill goto the riser first and isolate floor and drain that , less stress than freezing . OUt of curiousity would you freeze it??
There are about 6 classrooms on that floor .

This time of year, no heating on I'd hope... Yeh! live life dangerously!! LOL

It'd be your call mate but it's not something to undertake alone that's for sure :)

Not sure how old it is never been there till today , looking at rad maybe 10 year ish .
I know its hit and miss wether they have iso valves on it but as diamond says its warm in there and had a cube pop out before when freezing in same conditions as today .

Gaspastemania - just out of interest, the job isn't in Tunbridge Wells is it?

I priced the exact same job in a school in Tunbridge Wells a couple of weeks back. The client is a regular of mine....however I didn't get the job as I was too expensive by a lot, and I wouldn't budge on the price.

By the way, I priced to freeze it with our Freeze Master, there was isolation one end, but I wasn't counting on that working, so planned to freeze each side and fit new iso valves.

It was an industrial sized electric one mate, proper kit was hired I think. We done it mid winter though, wouldn't fancy doing it during the summer if its hot !! Forgetting its hotter down south, you'd think it was autumn here the now.

If its a new heating system it should have zone valves and there should be drawings aswell showing where these zone valves are, or the janitor should be able to point you in the right direction. In an ideal world that is lol

Ever tried the electonic ones GQ? Only ever used CO2 but saw a rothenburgh rep at Plumb Center showing the electronic kit off and it seemed impresive!

The Roth' ones are crap, don't think they go any bigger than 28mm and that's in copper not steel.

We've got a Freezemaster 310. Will do +40mm.

I paid £300 on eBay. What a tool to have in the arsenal if you need it. Which isn't often...but always makes me grin when I use it.

Freezes 22mm in about 10 mins, even in a hot loft. Plus has two freeze heads so you can freeze a section.

Last edited:
It was an industrial sized electric one mate, proper kit was hired I think. We done it mid winter though, wouldn't fancy doing it during the summer if its hot !! Forgetting its hotter down south, you'd think it was autumn here the now.

If its a new heating system it should have zone valves and there should be drawings aswell showing where these zone valves are, or the janitor should be able to point you in the right direction. In an ideal world that is lol

Like ya optimism GQ :rofl: I was once pointed to a filing cabinet like a wardrobe, files stacked yay high!!! It's in there somewhere they said!!! LOL

Dannypipe - Thanks for the heads-up regards roth pileofpoo!! :)

Gaspastemania ... sounds like a trip to tool hire could solve your problems. I've found valves that just won't shut off, one pipe systems flippin pipes red hot! I'm by no means a commercial engineer, bye-the-way! Since goin it alone past three years I've hooked up with one so sat the neccessaries to work with him!

Similar plumbing topics

I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Bought a box spanner and eventually got the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
More than likely 10 x 3m lengths of each, just...
Replies
Views
...cos it's a perfectly serviceable boiler...
Replies
Views
Back