Moving to our new house gonna be boiler trouble | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Moving to our new house gonna be boiler trouble in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr.Ian

Hi everyone, getting the keys to our new house in the next few days and I'm pretty sure the C/H boiler isn't going to work (or at least that's what I expect).
Yes you guessed it, the place has an Ideal Isar boiler. So apart from faulty pcb/spark generators/heat exchanger/thermistors/flame sensors/ignition probes/overheat stats/pump.
What else can we expect ????? LOL
House has been empty for a couple of years at least (so it's not been used much !!!! (from what i've seen i doubt that means anything)
Oh and as a bit of fun who recons it's going to work straight away ??????

I will give you odds of 8 to 1 on it will work,you are not going to be able to get away with it that easy,the boiler not working when you expect it not to and have time to repair it conveniently

It will wait until you are settled in and least expect or need it,like at the beginning of a weekend,when you have guests and it is -5 outside and can not get parts for four days,after that it will break down every 3 months

This is a site many Ideal boiler owners uses,hope you find helpful

Dimplex DXC20, DXC20Ti, DXC30 and DXC30Ti Convector Heaters

they should have sold a backup electric heater with every isar LOL :)

I fitted approx 3 a week of these for a EAGA contract for 4 years a few years back. God help the lot of them, every 30KW Isar needed the pump smacking with hammer to get it going. Yet the new Ideal are a decent boiler and no problems at yet after about 2 years.

Yes I can see sods law coming into place here, it'll give us a false sense of security and work at first only to then pack up when we're starting to trust it and it's freezing outside.
Gonna add a few electric heaters to santas list !!!!!!!!!

Yes I've noticed other models of Ideal boilers get good write ups

I have a Ideal Icos system boiler in my house, it was a freebie from a ex company :D. Never missed a beat in 6 years, touch wood (knock knock)

personnaly with out the attachment of having paid for the boiler other than thru the purchase of the house i say get it replace asap i certainly wouldnt spend much getting it repaired

Yes that is the plan, if it works all well and good as we'll get a bit of heat, if it doesn't , well either way it's going to be replaced for something more reliable asap, which on looking through the forum will be any other make/model of boiler.

someone i know has the boiler and for 7 years hasnt had much problems with it apart from the diverter valve sticking in the mid position which i sorted, but the icos down the road I replaced because the heat exchanger burst and wrecked the pcb, but that had parts thrown at it over the years

Has anyone got any advice on bringing the boiler back into service after being off for a few years at least ? any things to check before just switching it on ? or just flick the switch n see what happens ? Guage is still showing a pressure in the CH system.

If its been switched off for a couple of years I would get a local gsr to give it a thorough check over, that goes for any boiler not just an Isar

Last edited:
been off for a few year ?? might be a few problems with it, things seizing up etc, would get an engineer to re-commission it.

Hi everyone, yes i'm still here !!! didn't bother trying the boiler at all. Got the keys for the house, went in and found the main stop tap had been turned off, turned it on to get a brew made (first job) then went to have a quick look at the boiler. Flippin water everywhere, pouring out from underneath (good start eh?) , so quick check round and noticed the c/h guage right off the scale, check the fill loop for the c/h and it had been left open by the seller. It appears that the pressure release/safety valve on the c/h side was stuck as when I removed the cover from the boiler most of the internals were wet (could it have been coming out of the vent air bleed??? as the c/h pressure was right off the scale of the guage). Anyway I didn't even bother trying it and am getting quotes for a new boiler to be installed. So if anyone fancys an install job ???? LOL

Hi everyone, yes i'm still here !!! didn't bother trying the boiler at all. Got the keys for the house, went in and found the main stop tap had been turned off, turned it on to get a brew made (first job) then went to have a quick look at the boiler. Flippin water everywhere, pouring out from underneath (good start eh?) , so quick check round and noticed the c/h guage right off the scale, check the fill loop for the c/h and it had been left open by the seller. It appears that the pressure release/safety valve on the c/h side was stuck as when I removed the cover from the boiler most of the internals were wet (could it have been coming out of the vent air bleed??? as the c/h pressure was right off the scale of the guage). Anyway I didn't even bother trying it and am getting quotes for a new boiler to be installed. So if anyone fancys an install job ???? LOL

post up your location someone will be able to help

Ok, didn't know if we were allowed to do that, we're in Warton near Preston Lancs

How did Ideal get it so wrong !? The Classic was the best boiler ever !

Well we've got a nice new Remeha Avanta 35C going in and the Ideal Isar is going in the bin !!!!!!!LOL

Well we've got a nice new Remeha Avanta 35C going in and the Ideal Isar is going in the bin !!!!!!!LOL

Great choice of boiler,you will be very pleased with performance ,put one in for a customer few weeks ago ,they love the compact design,how quite it is and the hot water flow rate

:punk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Update: I couldn't get hold of a heating...
Replies
Views
Sounds like he was in too deep. At least he...
Replies
Views
Back