Moving toilet back against wall | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Moving toilet back against wall in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gazza606

Hi, i am planning on decorating my bathroom, which will include moving my toilet back against the wall, it currently sits about 6 inches away from the wall, with the centre of the waste pipe about 4/5 inches away from the wall, i want to move it back so it is flush to the wall but i need to know what to do and what sort of parts i need to to this.

Also is this a fairly easy job to do.

thanks

should be straightforward providing the current waste goes through the wall behind the w/c and not down beneath the floor.

if it goes through the wall measure from the back of the cistern to wall, this distance is what needs to be trimmed from the soil pipe.

need a picture to be honest before I can comment on how easy/hard it will be, there are many factors to consider

should be straightforward providing the current waste goes through the wall behind the w/c and not down beneath the floor.

if it goes through the wall measure from the back of the cistern to wall, this distance is what needs to be trimmed from the soil pipe.

Sounds like it goes through the floor. Swan neck might not get enough to get it all the way back. If the waste in the floor can't be moved for any reason then I tend to build a bit of a false wall behind to make it look right.

Currently the toilet has a flexi pipe going on to the down pipe that pops out of the floor board.

I will post a picture tonight.

My idea was to take out the toilet, pull up the floow boards, cut the current pipe back to where i need and then buy a 90 degree elbow and attach to the cut pipe, redrill the floor boards and then to the toilet. But im not a plumber so have no idea if it is as easy as i am making out.

Thanks

Well if you have floor boards and the space under and it's plastic go for it. :)

there will be a reason its 6 inches of the wall but nothings impossible to move its just the cost

Hi, i am planning on decorating my bathroom, which will include moving my toilet back against the wall, it currently sits about 6 inches away from the wall, with the centre of the waste pipe about 4/5 inches away from the wall, i want to move it back so it is flush to the wall but i need to know what to do and what sort of parts i need to to this.

Also is this a fairly easy job to do.

thanks

will be difficult to do, but with a bit of persuasion can be done you also may need to alter brown pipework

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
S
Hello Have you decided to move your toilet...
Replies
Views
The latest Geberit flush valves have an...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately some new build plumbing is not...
Replies
Views
Back