Moving utility room soil pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Moving utility room soil pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kriggi

We're redoing our utility room to have a run across the wall of a washing machine on the left, tumble dryer in the middle and cupboard with sink above on the right. Unfortunately the existing soil pipe comes out of the floor exactly where we want to position the tumble dryer.
icon_sad.gif

We need to move the soil pipe so it comes out of the floor 40cm to the right of where it currently is. How would people propose this is done? I'm assuming we'll need to dig up the floor, fit a 90 degree bend on the existing soil pipe, run a horizontal 110mm soil pipe with another 90 degree bend upwards to the new position and concrete this all in. Is this right, or are there easier options?

Many thanks in advance.

Chris.

Perhaps you could cap it and join the wastes inside at around 400-600mm up from floor behind a unit?

Then put a 40mm waste out through the wall and drop it down into the drain outside?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately the drain isn't outside, the soil pipe runs under the floor into the garage and out to the driveway. :sad3:

Hi. Once under floor it becomes a drain, requiring a manhole at changes of direction. Not the easiest thing to achieve from what you describe. Why not site it over the washing machine? If nothing else it will save her back. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
oops I didn’t read it properly.
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Thank you
Replies
Views
Back