much work here??? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss much work here??? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

N

nysk2008

Can anyone tell me if there is much gas/plumbing work in the swindon, bristol area. Random question I know but possible relocation for me from London. Reason I ask is that I have been told the south west use alot of oil rather than gas. Not on the gsr yet but will be soon.

Any advice would be handy.

Cheers

Not being from the swindon/bristol area can't comment on that part. But I've been working for myself for 6 years now and it takes time to become established, and although it might seem a great idea moving to where the work is maybe a little busier you have to remember it will drop you down to the bottom of the ladder. New area, nobody knows you no word of mouth until you become established.

Not trying to put a downer on it for you but its definitely something I would chuck into the equation.

Good luck.

Can anyone tell me if there is much gas/plumbing work in the swindon, bristol area. Random question I know but possible relocation for me from London. Reason I ask is that I have been told the south west use alot of oil rather than gas. Not on the gsr yet but will be soon.

Any advice would be handy.

Cheers

I hope yer not planning to poach my work MY area is the whole world by the way!!!! mine all mine I tell yer

Good luck with the relocation the pace of life down that way is much nicer than the big smoke

Might be worth getting an advert in the area you want and get out there for maybe a couple of days a week, one night b&b, not ideal but would mean you had a head start when you move!

Might be worth getting an advert in the area you want and get out there for maybe a couple of days a week, one night b&b, not ideal but would mean you had a head start when you move!

SimonG has the right idea but through experiance I have found that every time you go in pub and chat to a local, the second they find out yer a plumber, you end up with loadsa a work its awfull yer trying to relax and avoid work and theyre crawling out of the wood work, So I always say I am a lorry driver!! Even when they find out I am a plumber and I convince em that I am like an old tom cat leaving puddles every where they still want to use me, I even ask If I can bring me to mates Moses and Noah and they still dont get the hint, its really awfull I reckon yer ought ter stay in the smoke if you dont like loadsa work;););)

Cheers unguided and know what you mean. Unfortunately i've had a gut full of London and cant afford to buy a 2 bedhouse for 7.9 trillion quid in the smoke so it seems that boozing with the locals in swindon telling them i'm a parapedic is the only option.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, has anyone been to option...
Replies
Views
Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or...
Replies
Views
Back