multi tool | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss multi tool in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

wattsie1987

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Looking to get a multi tool 240v willing to pay up to £150 what do you guys recommend? Will mostly be used for wood and copper.

have 2 worx sonicrafters excellent bit of kit but there new model is now more powerful and will use any brand of blade ,there 90 quid everywhere this is a absolute bargain
[DLMURL]http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/worx-wx676-250w-universal-sonicrafter,-multi-tool-172464[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
The fein blades do last longer and can be sourced cheap if search tinternet. I've Saxton and fein blades and both are good but fein last longer. I'm sure I sourced long lasting blades really cheap. When on laptop il have look and post link.

Looking at the fein multimaster starter kit ebay item 121266599108. Will mainly be used for notching joists cutting back panels and box work and occasionally cutting copper pipes or nails ext. Will this be upto that or should I be looking to spend more and get a better model? Also has anyone cut iron pipe with one? And will I be needing other blades other than it comes with?

Looking at the fein multimaster starter kit ebay item 121266599108. Will mainly be used for notching joists cutting back panels and box work and occasionally cutting copper pipes or nails ext. Will this be upto that or should I be looking to spend more and get a better model? Also has anyone cut iron pipe with one? And will I be needing other blades other than it comes with?

They're great for wood, but anything denser than copper. Forget it.

Used multitool for first time last week to cut a bit of copper in concrete floor, no play whatsoever and confined space. Did the job. Has anyone used them to cut barrell pipe

Used multitool for first time last week to cut a bit of copper in concrete floor, no play whatsoever and confined space. Did the job. Has anyone used them to cut barrell pipe

I've used mine to cut off old barrel level with walls and floors. Bit time consuming but it was the only tool that cut it flush without destroying everything else.

Does anyone know if the fein supercut is better than the multimaster? Worth the extra money?

I've used one but don't own one. It is better in that it has significantly more power (400w) rather than 250w and a different tool clamping system BUT if you're just using it to cut plastic & copper pipe and the odd floor board probably not worth the extra. I have an original multi master and it was a great tool replaced with a makita (320w) which does the job atm (£90 from Toolstop). The Dewalt looks very comprehensive too but I just wanted a basic cutting tool for awkward jobs as I already had a bucket of blades.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Went with both options, my new bacho wide grip...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Same here. There are times you just cannot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not the approved way but....either grab the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Looks good
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I am writing my master's thesis at...
Replies
Views
Back