Multi tool | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Multi tool in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
So my mate has a Bosch Multitool

Maybe 10.8v? Not sure in that, defo not 18v

Saw him using it & I wasn't that impressed

Anyone have a battery one that's good?

I know people are Fein fans.

Just thought I'd ask

Thx

the dewalt 18v is the best cordless one i have used. The bosch 18v is also very very good. Fein make the best ones (there top of the range models) as they have good vibration dampening.

as for performance it depends on what your expecting and how good the blade is. its pointless using it for jobs other tools are better at like normal wood cutting as the blades are to costly and you will overwork the tool.

I think I prefer corded stuff like that, my Bosch multicutter is on its last legs, lasted a good 5/6 years! Only a basic DIY model from when they originally came out! Will probs get the Bosch pro one to replace it

That is ridiculously cheap. Are they actually any good though?

yes there good not so good when you hit a nail tho :D but at that price i cant complain

the dewalt 18v is the best cordless one i have used. The bosch 18v is also very very good. Fein make the best ones (there top of the range models) as they have good vibration dampening.

as for performance it depends on what your expecting and how good the blade is. its pointless using it for jobs other tools are better at like normal wood cutting as the blades are to costly and you will overwork the tool.

I got the dealt one also. Love it. Have had the 10.8 volt one for 4 yes but have not used it for 2 due to it dying after 5 minutes with each battery and the blades being so expensive.

I always get the bi wood/metal blades, good for cutting through nails if you need to also

yes there new metal bits (with the ti coating) are good havent blunted one yet

I would disagree with the 'go mains'. I had a mains one and could never be bothered to use it. I find mains tools a hassle now.

I have the 18v Dewalt cordless one. I use it all the time. It's fantastic and just as good, if not better, than my mains Fein one that I used about twice. You can get the blades cheap off eBay.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Tried all of it over the years and now have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yeah it was rented. I had a large shed in the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Aslong as there ip rated I would say it’s fine...
Replies
Views
K
  • Question
Yeah a mate has the wet dry vac, decent...
Replies
Views
RAW85
R
Back