Multiple thermostats and heat exchanger question | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Multiple thermostats and heat exchanger question in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I have a thermal store heated by a boiler with its own thermostat. I also have a stove with a back boiler. The stove heats water in a separate tank. There is a thermostat on this second tank that pushes hot water over to the store tank when it's hot. It's a closed loop and goes through a heat exchanger before returning to the stove. The thermal store has a loop going into the heat exchanger and there is a thermostat on the stove pipe, that when it detects hot water activates a pump on the thermal store side, taking the heat from the stove circuit.

The boiler normally heats the thermal store temperature to about 67 degrees. For the heat exchanger to work correctly, and take heat from the stove circuit, what should the other two thermostats be set to?

In the drawing attached, they are A- store thermostat, B- heat exchanger thermostat and C- stove thermostat. (Apologies for crude drawing and symbols may not be industry standards but hopefully you know what I mean)

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230921-204152.png
    Screenshot_20230921-204152.png
    307.5 KB · Views: 34

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
That is manifold fo4 all rooms on 1st floor...
2 3
Replies
Views
No probs Bob. Glad it all worked out well for...
Replies
Views
I started a long winded response but deleted...
Replies
Views
Back