My 1st Install | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss My 1st Install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

villa_tom

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Got my first install this weekend. Combi and five rads plus pipework and big gas run. Fitting a Vaillant with vertical flue.

Just wondered if any of you guys had any hints or tips to help us while we do it.

(Thanks to gasman who gave me some pointers via PM as we where originally fitting a Duo-Tec but we are not now)

My tip Tom

I did exactly the same job as this the other week. Use plumbfix for their heating pack. As you are only needing 5 rads then you may be able to wrangle the vertical flue in the price...That is what I did.

Graham

it will be easy with 2 of you. full heats are a bit of a slog on your own

make sure the kettles full before knocking the water off,take some rawl bolts with you nothing delays a boiler fit more than finding you cant get fixings

rawl bolts. are these any good just googled them. i take it they open up inside the wall.
screwfix have them 5 for £10 odd
normally if i cant get a fixing i just get bigger and bigger screws until i do

yes they open up good for thermolight and mortar walls,i usely go with 3 inch no 10s but sometimes the walls knacked rawl bolts get you out of trouble

dont use vaillants own wireless progamable room stat,nightmare( the vrt ),your customer will be on the phone all the time

yes he tried to fit the duotec but the custard wants von valiant,hope he can program a space shuttle he will need it for the programmer

what did you do before Tom was it in the servicing and repair side ?

Do not drink to much tomorrow night,stop after maybe 18 pints and half a bottle of JD,so you have your wits about you over weekend
:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not drink to much tomorrow night,stop after maybe 18 pints and half a bottle ofjd,so you have your wits about you over weekend
:p

wont that cause you to go blind,18 pints and half a jd? LOL

fit as if it were in your own house ,

You don't want to do that! it will never be finished.

Some tips¿
Start early be there before 8 and have everything in the van you will need.
Set yourself time targets and each choose an area of work. Each do their own thing and meet in the middle. Don't do things together unless it is really necessary.
Get the wall cored and the boiler up and rads hung and dressed before you have a cuppa which should be around 9.
Try to think ahead of yourself as to what you will be doing next.
Don't stop doing what you are doing just because you normally stop at whatever oclock for your lunch. Finish what you are on first.
Keep the place tidy.
Collect the cash on the way out.......around half 3:D

all of above except if i am on a fit i have lunch on the fly,good advice about not doing like your own house,the performas 4 months over due a service,the bathrooms 5 years over due finishing,the shower started playing up 3 months ago told wife,kids use the bath showers a luxury fitted a new one today

wont that cause you to go blind,18 pints and half a jd? LOL

That would be good,saves looking at the over priced,pile of mediocrity they are hanging on the wall
;):p

imho

Agree,early start very important,it is great to get a lot done by 1.00pm so you have time to sort out any promlems

Last edited by a moderator:
im happy to come round your houses guys and finish the your work for you :)

best advice i was ever given "hours before twelve are worth twice those after " and it is so true

job done now(I HOPE) but one from me !

dont spent time going through the chest of draws looking for her LINGERIE ,and sex toys if she is good looking !

dont try chatting her up if she is good looking

JUST GET ON WITH THE WORK , AND GET PAID BEFORE YOU LEAVE !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I took those photos! Looks like the only...
Replies
Views
👍🏻 I knew the fire ones had to be, we've done...
Replies
Views
Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Can you give some more info? National company...
Replies
Views
Back