my boiler is broke suspected fan(excell 80sp) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss my boiler is broke suspected fan(excell 80sp) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Boilers broken down folks :( no heating or hot water, it stays on the pilot light and when i try to turn it onto HW or CH nothing at all happens, the fan doesn't move and that's why I'm guessing its the fan.

Resistance readings across the fan is 46.2 which seems high to me

have you tried freeing the fan manually to see if its jammed or burnt out.

If pump running, check pump flow switch, diaphragm could be gone. If ok & still no fan do continuety test on switch, then voltage to fan

pump isnt running, fan isnt running at all not even on minimum. I will try and free the fan manually, it should be on minimum for the pilot light but it doesnt seem to be moving at all

Check the pump flow switch isn't stuck open .... The boiler sequence is pump first, flow switch, then fan... check you've got power to the pump mate!

I'm trying to test if i even have power to the boiler but I'm not getting any readings, I changed the 3amp fuse in the plug and still nothing ?

OK have found the problem, somehow the mains power coming into the boiler(the flexi) has somehow disconnected from the terminal which feeds power to the pcb, it seems to have fallen off on its own ?? ohh well its fixed now :)

Oh! Forgot about the basic initial test before all the others ... lol Nice one G!

lol yes i know noob error but i am new to fault finding :p lesson learned i guess haha

Only time I ever do it is in ACS assesments .. Unless the whole lots dead of course .... always learning G ... :D

yeh well with more modern boilers at least you know if the lights not on then you dont have any power:p this boiler doesnt have any lights so at first i thought it was the fuse when i wasnt getting any readings and after changing that i noticed that it wasnt connected to the terminal(which was hidden behind a casing) so lesson learned indeed haha will be a pro at fault finding one day !! wish I could just delete this whole thread now hahaa:ninja: :13:

thanks for the help anyways :p:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just happened to be rummaging around on the...
Replies
Views
Will do. Many Thanks for your help
Replies
Views
I have recently had exactly the same problem...
Replies
Views
David Goodwin
D
N
Hi,did you fix intermitent L-F ? I have same...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Haha ,that is very true ..you have to have...
Replies
Views
Back