My boiler is leaking, has anyone else had this problem? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss My boiler is leaking, has anyone else had this problem? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi folk got a leaking boiler, WB greenstar combi. Has anyone had this before? Drips on the outside of the boiler.... was recently serviced and all seemed ok then. Thanks!
[automerge]1579987904[/automerge]
Is this difficult or expensive to sort out?
[automerge]1579987976[/automerge]
I dropped the pressure to just over 1 bar as it was nearly 2 bar. Hopefully that helps.

Attachments

• 20200123_172620.jpg
    20200123_172620.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200123_172625.jpg
    20200123_172625.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200123_172630.jpg
    20200123_172630.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 17
I found the pressure was just under 2 bar after it had been serviced, so maybe this was enough to cause it? Boiler is maybe 5 years old... not sure. Just want it sorted!
[automerge]1579989703[/automerge]
I found the pressure was just under 2 bar after it had been serviced, so maybe this was enough to cause it? Boiler is maybe 5 years old... not sure. Just want it sorted! What is likely to actually be leaking?

Doubt it. 2 bar is normal running pressure once it's up to heat. Just plastic parts on the Bosh that I have came across have had pinhole leaks on them as a fault usually when water is coming out of it. Worst case it is the heat exchanger, which is expensive.

Doubt it. 2 bar is normal running pressure once it's up to heat. Just plastic parts on the Bosh that I have came across have had pinhole leaks on them as a fault usually when water is coming out of it. Worst case it is the heat exchanger, which is expensive.

But it's not old... maybe 5 years old think? I'd be very disappointed!
[automerge]1579991323[/automerge]
But it's not old... maybe 5 years old think? I'd be very disappointed!
Are vaillants better? I've never had a vaillant.

Maybe 5 or 5? Last one I was on was 8 years old. WB usually come with at least a 5year warranty. You will need to get an engineer out to sort it and get your part/s. Needs opened up and inspected. Could also be water showing due to the flue. Would need opened up and inspected by a GSR.

Maybe 5 or 5? Last one I was on was 8 years old. WB usually come with at least a 5year warranty. You will need to get an engineer out to sort it and get your part/s. Needs opened up and inspected. Could also be water showing due to the flue. Would need opened up and inspected by a 'Registered Professional Gas Engineer'.
I am an engineer but not done this before!
[automerge]1579993863[/automerge]
I am an engineer but not done this before!
Can they just be a RE and not a professional?

Pretty sure I typed G S R and it changed it for me? Anyway, it is held together with clips.
[automerge]1579995341[/automerge]
GSR
[automerge]1579995385[/automerge]
Yes, defo changes G.S.R to GSR

Similar plumbing topics

It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back