My boiler leaked a little bit... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss My boiler leaked a little bit... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leesy22

my boiler leaked a little bit of water when i had the heating on (its not cold weather, but i was trying to dry washing)..only had it on half an hour, but there was a little bit of water under the boiler when i went back..Wasnt loads of water, just a small amount..ive switched it off just incase, even tho it wasnt leaking without the heating being switched off. we had are prv replaced about 6/7 months ago. The pressure seems ok and isnt going down like last time...if anything the pressure looks a little high. Does anyone know if this is serious, and if i need to drain the pressure, how do i do this (not very good with this sort of thing..Thankyou

What is the pressure gauge reading? Did the pressure go up a lot when the heating was on? What boiler is it?

it is in between 1.5 and 2 now and it's been off all night...it went up to about in between 2.5 and 3 when heating went on. The make is Intesa. Since we had our prv replaced 6months ago ive checked the gauge reading frequently and it has always been the same as this...do you think it is maybe a wee bit high? usually i have the hot water button on all the time and just out the heating button on when we need it . after it leaked i had the heating on and been running hot water..didnt leak alot tho

I's say it's a bit high but it shouldn't go up that much when the heating comes on. The expansion vessel needs looking at and also the outlet from the prv needs checking.

it was down at about 1.5 this morning after i turned both hot water and heating switches off all night. then if i put hot water on,it goes up alittle bit if i am running the water..then up some more if i have heating on too. is that normal? It isn't a continous drip we have..maybe about 3 or 4 every hour roughly, sometimes none in an hour...How to a reduce the pressure? thankyou

Getting close to 3bar is getting close to the prv lifting and dischargeing water, does the pipe from the prv go outside ? what pressure to you have when boiler is cold ? bleed some water out from one of the air vents on a radiator and get pressure down to about 1 bar, you may need your expansion tank checking.

Thankyou. The water does release out a pipe on the side of the house.. i remember that from last time..been trying to see if we have a drip or not just now, but it is chucking it down and cant make out whats what lol :banghead:
Can i ask a really stupid question.....how do i bleed a radiator...do i need a key of somesort, and which way would i turn it. lol duh!

Can i ask a really stupid question.....how do i bleed a radiator...do i need a key of somesort, and which way would i turn it. lol duh!

Hardest question in the world is the one you don't know the answer to!

You'll need a radiator key. available from hardware shops, b&q etc. turn anti clockwise as you would a tap. (lefty loosey, righty tighty). don't over tighten it when you do it up.

I's say it's a bit high but it shouldn't go up that much when the heating comes on. The expansion vessel needs looking at and also the outlet from the prv needs checking.

hmmmm. i switched the boiler off last night, checked it before i went to bed and when i got up this morn, there was a couple of drops of water. even tho it was switched off:banghead: maybe i have a loose connection? is it safe for me to take the front cover thing off? booo :(

Get someone out who's qualified to have a look mate. Please don't start removing covers, you may inadvertently damage a case seal doing so and risk a possible carbon monoxide leak.

Get someone out who's qualified to have a look mate. Please don't start removing covers, you may inadvertently damage a case seal doing so and risk a possible carbon monoxide leak.

Thanks, nah i wont...i wouldnt know how to anyhow haha...bled the radiators and so far.....doesnt seem to be dripping...hope it continues ....

may be you have a little leak on the cold inlet and its dripped over nite when the pressure has risen but still get it checked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you. I will give it a turn later on and...
Replies
Views
D
2 of my properties tenants have notified me...
Replies
Views
Dany Michael
D
T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Back