My Boiler switches on in my Flat when neighbour uses water? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss My Boiler switches on in my Flat when neighbour uses water? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi I live in a flat and my boiler switches/water on when my neighbour uses water - how can that possibly be and how can this be fixed as very annoying as working from home at the moment.

I take it that it’s firing for a hot water demand? If so, there’s a possibility that a feed from your flat is in theirs. Possibly in the loft.

Hi, I live in a flat the uses hot water pipe linked to every flats in the block. I think its due to having old style heating system and hot water tank. Its all was removed and combi boiler was installed long time ago, no issues. Since then council started installing thermostat type bath tub water mixer. These cheap thermostat does not work properly. If you turn your cold water tap and neighbours thermostat in the bathroom failed, then hot water will run from neighbours boiler to your cold system. I realised this and changed thermostat to an expensive one, what fixed the issue.

Similar plumbing topics

Could be the expansion relief or an overflow...
Replies
Views
Need a gas safe engineer I’m sorry to say but...
Replies
Views
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a flexicom.cx that hasn’t been...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
Thank you for the reply, plumber attended...
Replies
Views
Back