my boiler will not fire up | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss my boiler will not fire up in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pfarrell34

i left my hot tap running whilst on holiday for 5 days and now my boiler will not fire up to give me any hot water.has something burnt out.i have tried with the reset button but no joy?

What boiler is it? Possibly overheat stat. Why don't you get someone out to have a look?

im not gas safe but to save the others time tell them the boiler make and model ! have you checked theres gas in ur meter ! is there power to the boiler etc ! any recent work been done ?

I bet your looking forward to your next gas bill!

It's hard to say without further details?

What's your location? I think it'd be easier for someone to come and have a look.

Are lights on,is there any lights flashing or any code flashing and what make is it

its BAXI 133 HE.no recent work done and there is power.when you turn on the hot tap you can hear it making a few noices then the reset button comes on

as glenno1 said call the gas engineer ! your not gonna be able to fix this yourself

Have you checked the pressure in your boiler?

If that is correct then I would advise you get a local gas safe engineer

You can post in the find a plumber forum for someone local to you

[h=2][DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas engineer.[/DLMURL][/h] here

Thank you dancin. I can't post links on ipad

Try turning off power to boiler (Main Switch) Leave for about 5min then switch back on ! Helps clear curcit board and reset boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

All fixed. Changing the nozzle and cleaning...
Replies
Views
If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
when I removed the back coal saver I can now...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a...
Replies
Views
Back