my boiler wont shut off | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss my boiler wont shut off in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

big baz

HI, i have a 4 year old worcester bosch greenstar 28i junior combi boiler, when in heating mode the boiler does not cut out and in it just keeps running. thought the problem could be the radio controlled themostat, took it out -no difference, just using the control knob - set it to 4 the radiators are warmish boiler continues to run witout stop starting but not getting any hotter. turn it to 6- radiators nice an hot still not cutting out - rads not getting hotter, back it down to 5 the boiler turns off , when the temp drops the boiler fires up but still does not go off. you can do this all the way back to the lowest setting. i have replaced the primary sensor - did not make any difference. any ideas? hot water works fine.

Has the boiler been doing this all along or has it just started doing it this season? Has it been serviced recently? How many rads on the system? Have you added any rads? Sounds like the boiler isn't producing enough heat to push the rads. May want to have an engineer check the delta T on the flow and return. Worst case scenario is the PCB is toast.

HI, it started this season, no it has not been serviced ,there are 10 rads.

Definately get it serviced. Have the engineer check the PCB and the flow and return tempratures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Ok, thanks will let here leave it is
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
S
Could be Rubbish blocking the pressure gauge and...
Replies
Views
Back