My Boilers Gone.... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss My Boilers Gone.... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skelp

Plumbers of the UK.
Anyone remember the Ideal Response ff80...well mine has finally been condemned after 17 years great service.In all honesty just needs a PCB No 37 but I bow to advice and it has to go.
My question is,to all honourable members,the existing ff80 was 24kw.Bungalow with 7 rads.Ideal have offered a brand new discounted Logic plus 24kw. at £477.00 includes vat and delivery.Good deal I think.
Should I stick with 24kw or go higher or is the Ideal to be avoided.???

I'll give you £500 for it......

yes, that is a good deal, get an installer off here.
ideal have made...suspect boilers till recent times, the logic plus has been a complete turnaround.

question is are you going for a combi or a system boiler and keeping a cylinder ?

I'll give you £500 for it......

yes, that is a good deal, get an installer off here.
ideal have made...suspect boilers till recent times, the logic plus has been a complete turnaround.

question is are you going for a combi or a system boiler and keeping a cylinder ?

Killy Bing,

My faith in plumbers has indeed been restored...I can of course send this old boiler down to Kent should you send £500 my way.
Not in Kent though but in West Lothian,Scotland.
The FF80 was a combi and I do intend to remain with that mode.
Do you think £200/£250 would be a fair pocket of cash for someone to remove the old one and install the new one?

Did a classic to logic + for custard in same situation, err £200 we charged thick end of £500! Ideal should recommend an installer for u . Have tools will travel!

Killy Bing,

My faith in plumbers has indeed been restored...I can of course send this old boiler down to Kent should you send £500 my way.
Not in Kent though but in West Lothian,Scotland.
The FF80 was a combi and I do intend to remain with that mode.
Do you think £200/£250 would be a fair pocket of cash for someone to remove the old one and install the new one?

Absolutely not! Double it.

What the hell are ideal offering you boilers at discounted rates for anyway? No disrespect.

It's because he has an insurance policy and boiler is beyond economic repair?

edit: just re read that it is a combi.
If are happy with the hot water delivery that you are getting at the moment, then stick with the 24kw. Looks a good price indeed.
Who will be fitting it?

Check your water flow rate Skelp! 24kW is a poor performer if you have anything over 7ltr/min IMHO... The 24 will give you about 10 at 35degC rise ... In the winter you need a bit more than 35, especially if the cold gets down to 5/6degC, That'll just give you hot water of 40/41degC. :)

Thank You all who replied...

Check your water flow rate Skelp! 24kW is a poor performer if you have anything over 7ltr/min IMHO... The 24 will give you about 10 at 35degC rise ... In the winter you need a bit more than 35, especially if the cold gets down to 5/6degC, That'll just give you hot water of 40/41degC. :)

Plumbers of the UK thank you very much for your advice.
As suggested,Ideal have been very kind to sell me a Logic for 475 inc vat,standard flue and delivery due to my previous insurance policy with them.It should arrive by Friday.
I have arranged for my Polish fiend to install,still not in my £200/300 budget ( I tried ) closer to £500.
Hot water was never brilliant on a 24kw but I'll settle.

Thanks again all....

Thanks again all....

:lol: well it may get a bit better as you're getting a new appliance but it'll still struggle .... Just turn the tap back/reduce the flow it'll get hot then :)

Plumbers of the UK thank you very much for your advice.
As suggested,Ideal have been very kind to sell me a Logic for 475 inc vat,standard flue and delivery due to my previous insurance policy with them.It should arrive by Friday.
I have arranged for my Polish fiend to install,still not in my £200/300 budget ( I tried ) closer to £500.

Thanks again all....
£200/300 for a boiler install?? and you call us scots tight :)

Calling Scots tight!

Its a general term - meaning not 100% of the time.

Just somewhere between 96% - 98% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

R
Check out the vsmart on Vaillant or the migo...
Replies
Views
R
Another hour to go Gary
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
R
SOLd out in about 1 minute
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
S
Still lots left
Replies
Views
smtplumbing
S
S
sorry it will not let me edit i can pm anyone...
Replies
Views
smtplumbing
S
Back