My in wall toilet seat screw won’t tighten | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss My in wall toilet seat screw won’t tighten in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

S

Shiela

I tried to install a new toilet seat and I’m stuck in a process where I couldn’t loosen or tighten the screw. I also tried rotating the screw in both ways but that’s just a endless process and it wouldn’t come off.

It’s a in wall built toilet so I could only stick my hand underneath a bit and I could feel the screw beneath wrapped with a plastic foam-like stuff. When I rotate the screw on top, the whole thing rotates all together.

Could anyone advice me what could I do…please

Can you hold the plastic part with a glove while you undo the screw or cut the screw off the top etc ?

Similar plumbing topics

Welp right after posting this I got the seat...
Replies
Views
Never done one but that looks the obvious way...
Replies
Views
That worked! Thank you so much, I removed...
Replies
Views
great help many thanks
Replies
Views
Go to a plumbers merchants and ask them for a...
Replies
Views
Back