My Potterton Performa 24 Boiler is playing up Please Help | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss My Potterton Performa 24 Boiler is playing up Please Help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sidallan

Hello
I have a potterton performa 24 boiler. The problem is I have heating but no DHW The thing is I can get hot water but only if we put the heating on. The micro switch has been changed and the pcb is fine so now Im thinking diverter valve is stuck or could it be the diaphragm. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated as the missus is getting the rite ump now.

With Thanks
Sid

Not sure of the boiler.If the diverter valve has a diaphragm can you see the push rod hitting the micro switch when hot tap is running.

Thanks for your reply.
No the push rod is not hitting the micro switch at all.

Hi Sidallan ... :welcome: to the forum.... :D

How competent do you rate yourself when working with water & electrics? Reason I ask is that its most likely where you're heading should you be wanting to have a go yourself :)

More than likely a split diaphragm or something restricting the push rod from moving.isolate cold to boiler drain and take a look at diaphragm and replace if needed also check pushrod, clean and grease if needed.some diaphragms come in kits complete with push rod.

Thanks for the welcome diamond gas. Honest truth I am a jobing plumber just never really got to involved with the boiler side of things always had someone else to do it for me so in answer to your question I am pretty competent with water and electrics.

Breakdown
Nice one thanks for that fella I will give that a look.

Thanks for the welcome diamond gas. Honest truth I am a jobing plumber just never really got to involved with the boiler side of things always had someone else to do it for me so in answer to your question I am pretty competent with water and electrics.

Just checking my friend coz the PCB on these are a magnet to water.

If you have long nose pliers you can lift diverter pin manually and if it lights then you know your problem

Diaphragm Part No; 5111137 or Complete unit Pressure Diff bum Part No: 248063.

Turn off main supply under boiler< Open Hot Tap< Undo 2 x 10mm nuts< Loose off 2 x Grub Screws< Replace Diaphragm or complete unit.

On these you can actually push the microswitch with your finger.

read a few posts on here recently regarding water in the pcb on 105/performas etc after changing water carrying parts dont most of you just remove the pcb first then dry out the fascia afterwards???? or own a hair dryer????

read a few posts on here recently regarding water in the pcb on 105/performas etc after changing water carrying parts dont most of you just remove the pcb first then dry out the fascia afterwards???? or own a hair dryer????

I like to live life dangerous Mark and swap these live :) .. Just kiddn! It's the heating side components that I generally prepare against if I'm honest. Never had water side spurts with this particular issue :)

I like to live life dangerous Mark and swap these live :) .. Just kiddn! It's the heating side components that I generally prepare against if I'm honest. Never had water side spurts with this particular issue :)
me neither but the HE version of this boiler can blow o rings on the main hex first you know its wet the pcb is when you drop the control door down for a butchers the hair dryer saves the pcb:smiley2:

me neither but the HE version of this boiler can blow o rings on the main hex first you know its wet the pcb is when you drop the control door down for a butchers the hair dryer saves the pcb:smiley2:

Yep ben there ... Honestly the slightest drop seems to find its way under and the lights start doing a disco!!! :lol:

Yep ben there ... Honestly the slightest drop seems to find its way under and the lights start doing a disco!!! :lol:
mainly flame failure on the Honeywell pcb or if its a instant either ff or ch wont go over 50 degrees

Hello Everybody

I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone that gave me advice with my problem all sorted now and all back to normal thankfully it was the diaphragm.

With Big Thanks
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just happened to be rummaging around on the...
Replies
Views
C
Try reading this - the pump and flow switch
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I mean you can test with a multi meter on the...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Back