myson midas "b" boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss myson midas "b" boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pummer67

Hi

I have a Myson midas "B" boiler.
Does any one know much about these not many peple seem to know anything about them.
I have a slight problem with the central heating of the boiler which is intermitent. Once it is up to temperature its fine and will run on and on. Hot water is always fine.
I have a basic knowledge and have gone as far as i can with it.
Any one who knows anything about these or who thinks they could help me please contact me.

Mark

Blimey.

I am surprised that there are any of these left. I remember supplying a site of 36, and 27 of them failed on installation. I don't think Myson made them for long before being bought by Potterton.

Sorry I can't help you with it (I'm not gas registered) - the only thing I can remember about them was that they had twin pumps, instead of a divertor valve, which may or may not be relevant. Maybe a problem with the pump on the CH side?

lots of parts for the midas are hard to get if your desperate heatteam baxi pottertons service division may work on it,personally i would not as its a heap TBH

wow so i have been lucky so far then. the only part i needed to change on it has been thermocouple and i think the shop said that was the only part available. We have been in our house for six years and it has always worked well. you are correct it does have two pumps but i dont htink the pump is the problem.
when you first turn heating on it is like the gas is being held back as it is not a full flame in the heat chamber. the ch pump always runs staraight away but sometimes the gas will not ignite but you can hear a relay or something ticking continuously. to get the heating to work i run hot water which gives a full flame in the heat chamber and this makes the heat exchanger hot and then once hot tap turned off the ch pump will run for few seconds and gets heat up. i do this several times over course of 5-10 minutes and then eventually ch will run with full flame in the chamber and thern will work again till morning. occasionly if you leave ch pump running it will heat luke warm and guage says 30 degrees for about half hour to hour and then eventually the flame will ifnite to a full flame and heating kicks up to 60 degrees within few minutes.
i havent really got money at moment to replace so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

mark

check the back of the pcb for a dry joint near the bottem, used to fitt these a long time a go still have the fault finder some were, so you know when I look for it I will not be able to find it

check the back of the pcb for a dry joint near the bottem, used to fitt these a long time a go still have the fault finder some were, so you know when I look for it I will not be able to find it

ok will have a look. thanks. let me know if you find fault finder. that would be really helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
Back