Mystery Leak | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Mystery Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys,
Got a leak on this new toilet with concealed cistern. It literally weeps out of the bottom of pan where it sits on the floor.. Took it out, put lsx on, all connections fit perfectly, flushed dozen of times the flush pipe is bone dry. Top of flex. pan connector is dry. Still water appears on floor at the front of the pan.

The flexible pan connector goes flush into 4" elbow. Now Ive spoken to my mate and he recons the pan connector is designed to go into 4" pipe, not a 4" fitting. Is this the case? Cant beleive I've plumbed so many toilets without knowing.

have you looked for a crack in the china that's more than likely your problem

Pan connectors or flexible ones have to go into a 4" pipe. Need to put a short cutting of pipe into any fitting.
Be careful to check the pan connector isn't leaking at pan spigot & water running around the shape of that area & hard to see

I had a right fight with a leak on a pan a couple of weeks ago, it turned out it was the pan not me.

It does feel like hitting your face on a brick wall. Cheers for the advice gona have another pop at it tomorrow

i had one with a hairline crack just above the waterline only leaked when flushed so you assume plug or pan con waste 2hours and only found it by taking pan out fitting a flexi pan con tied upwards and overfilling the pan

Changed the pan and leak stopped. Didnt bother looking for a crack, pan connector seems to be fine inside a 4" fitting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks Snowhead, had assumed it was a 5"...
Replies
Views
Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
All tiled in but have spare pack of tiles in...
Replies
Views
Use a spirit-level to check that the pan has...
Replies
Views
Hey what do I know. Only fit em and listen to...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
Back