Mystery Shower Valve and other questions! | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Mystery Shower Valve and other questions! in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

A

as7533

Hi All,

I've moved into a new place and I'm having some trouble with the thermostatic shower, which is warm at best, despite a piping hot inlet.

I've taken it to bits, given it a descale with some vinegar and lubricated the seals. This did the trick for 10 mins or so, but it then went back to running warm.

What lubricant should I use on the seals and can replacement seals be purchased?

Also any ideas on the manufacturer - pics attached?

Strangely the pipe centres are 140mm, but with some adjustment available in the threads.

Any help greatly appreciated.

PA103039.jpgPA103037.jpgPA103034.jpg

Not sure of the make but thare should be a temperature adjuster inside the centre of the temperature control knob, behind the ceramic cover. You need a long bet very thin flat blade screwdriver.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick responses and help. I think the shower may be an Ultra 3/4 Dual Control (showerdoc).

Going to order some new seals and regrease properly which will hopefully do the trick.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure that's an old Hudson Reed valve. I had to buy new cartridges recently for a customer and I emailed Hudson Reed a photo. 100% identical to yours.

It's a discontinued item, but this is the email from their customer services team:

The shower in the image is our product code A3091 which is now an archived item but we do still do a service pack for the valve.

Product codes are as follows:-
SNINASF Cartridge £123.00 including VAT and P&P
SASFOR O Ring Kit £0.00 free of charge We recommend all the O rings are change when the cartridge is changed
SA3091HK Handle £0.00 free of charge The original handle will not fit back on so we send a replacement handle out as part of the kit.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
I think the shower may be an Ultra 3/4 Dual Control (showerdoc).

I'm pretty sure that's an old Hudson Reed valve. I had to buy new cartridges recently for a customer and I emailed Hudson Reed a photo. 100% identical to yours.

It's a discontinued item, but this is the email from their customer services team:

The shower in the image is our product code A3091 which is now an archived item but we do still do a service pack for the valve.

Product codes are as follows:-
SNINASF Cartridge £123.00 including VAT and P&P
SASFOR O Ring Kit £0.00 free of charge We recommend all the O rings are change when the cartridge is changed
SA3091HK Handle £0.00 free of charge The original handle will not fit back on so we send a replacement handle out as part of the kit.

Hope that helps!

It would make sense. Ultra Group own Hudson Reed, and a lot of the engineering is common across platforms, with just the design elements varying by brand.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

J
  • Question
Hi, did you ever solve this problem? You...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ah, thanks - I'd assumed it £260 just to look...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Ben Gee, yes it’s all installed now and...
Replies
Views
Simon Hall
S
  • Question
I have done this a few times, generally they...
Replies
Views
  • Question
something like this should fit if the pipes in...
Replies
Views
Back