Name of part please | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Name of part please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
An old lady has a combi

The pressure is very very low, it's an older system & the fill loop is a flexi pipe with like 2 tap heads at either end.

One of the taps won't turn much as all, the other turned but leaks very bad.

I don't know what it's called!! Any thoughts?

I've asked for a fill loop but what they showed me wasn't doable.

Thx

Any chance of a picture? Why not just replace the taps with new valves or cut it out and fit a new one?

I'll try a picture. I know it's not up to regs as BG serviced last year & commented on it. They comment every year!

It's easy to take off.

Pic to follow

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452783680.465311.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452783693.281913.jpg

Same at both end, like tap heads on top.

All I was shown was a flexi tap connector of which wasn't right. The chap looked at me like I was stupid!

That's exactly what you need, it's an easy job.

The end with the black handled valve goes on the return pipe and the double check valve on the cold main.

Obviously you'll have to drain down (or prepare to get wet).

I'm not wrong, I got a fill Loop now! I know where I'll not be going shopping again. Idiot.

Cheers all

Ye thats a filling loop inc double check valve and what should be on there.

That's exactly what you need, it's an easy job.

The end with the black handled valve goes on the return pipe and the double check valve on the cold main.

Obviously you'll have to drain down (or prepare to get wet).

Thx for your reply. Again it was a little lack of confidence but I really knew. Need to man up a bit!

Thx again. Drain down coming up.

Cheers

No worries, where were you shopping? B&Q? I can't believe a trade merchant wouldn't know what a filling loop is.

No a local merchant in Wexham Slough. It was a case of closest. English language wasn't his forte!

No need to drain down. Shut off rising main. Other end is sealed system and once pressure is zero , vacuum in system will hold water back, provided only one end open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Has anything been changed, or added recently?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Hi, it's a combi boiler with a storage tank in...
Replies
Views
Back