Narrow copper soil pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Narrow copper soil pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hollyander

Apparently, we have a copper soil pipe with a diameter of approx 900 mm. We are installing a new shower and need to attach waste to the soil pipe, but due to it being made of copper, ii understand that will not be possible. Is there a way to cut the pipe take out a section and insert a plastic section in its place, as all that I can see online are 1100 mm? Thanks

900mm? Thats 36 INCHES!

Did you mean 90mm? Even so, stripping it out will probably give you more than enough in scrap value to pay to have it replaced in plastic, as per Steve's response above.

Get a plumber in who knows what he is doing. A connection is easy enough if they have the knowledge and skills. Btw they will generally be 50 +

A decent plumber will knock a tee into the 90mm in no time.

Where abouts are you based?
you should be able to source someone from here who has the skill set :)

Thanks Steve. Error well spotted, is 90 not 900! Actually, I think it's 93.4 or thereabouts. What is the scrap value of a copper soil pipe that diameter? It's a 2 storey house...
900mmm diameter best to rip it out for scrap and fit a new plastic stack

You're right, I meant 90, but it is actually close to 93.4 in fact. Good spot anyway!

dont think i would francy doing one in situdifferent onsite and openneed gas bottles as well anyway i dont know where my bent bolt is

My bent bolt is in a box in the garage along with my lead caulking gear. Not seen the light of day for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks mate, thats really helpful photo, and...
Replies
Views
Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
A
It’s mainly because of the boss eg pipe into...
Replies
Views
https://www.pipekit.co.uk/marley-hdpe-concentri...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Sorry for the delay in replying That looks...
Replies
Views
Back