Need Gas Safe Certification and Boiler Warranty | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Need Gas Safe Certification and Boiler Warranty in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bruginilda

I have had a loft conversion done and a new gas boiler installed in a space in the loft conversion. However, the builders and I have fallen out as a result of the on-suite bathroom walls being built badly crooked. I have asked the builders to rectify the problem or otherwise I would not pay the completion monies. Instead they have done a runner. I contacted the plumber that the builders used to request that he register the boiler and gives me a Gas Safe certificate for the installation but he has declined saying that the builders have stopped him going to my property. I have asked him for a warranty card for the boiler and he has declined. I have paid the builders more than £41,000 for the loft conversion and other works and there is only £3,000 outstanding but they have not completed the scheduled works.

I am a bit worried because my boiler is not registered and I do not have a Gas Safe Certificate for the installation. Also I cannot get a Completion Certificate for the loft conversion without the Gas Safe Certificate.

Should I contact Gas Safe and ask them to contact the plumber and force him to provide me with the warranty for the boiler and the Gas Safe Certificate for the installation? I do not want to pay the builders the remaining £3,000 because they have left me with unfinished work, lots of debris in the land around my property which I will have to pay to have removed and in my opinion they owe us money as I would need to pay other builders to rectify their poor workmanship.

I would be grateful for any advice.

contact the boiler manufacturer and register the boiler with them to get your warranty.

The plumber still needs to complete the benchmark and register it with gas safe regardless.

contact the boiler manufacturer and register the boiler with them to get your warranty.

AW, how will the boiler manufacturer provide a warranty when the boiler has not been comissioned as per MI's?
They may provide the warranty, but if anything goes pearshape and they are called in, most will not honour the warranty. I've known WB to honour regrdless, but doubt if they still do this?

Gas Safe is your best bet. Let them know you had a boiler fitted recently and you have reason to believe most things have been done wrong. You would be lying, but they are likely to visit. They may then request that the installer come and commission the system. You will have the certificate sent to you by Gas Safe then so you can get completion certificate for your loft conversion. Good Luck

Gas safe won't be interested in an ongoing contractual dispute. They can't force him to do anything.
Maybe some of the 3K you have held back is due to the plumber. If i were due money on the job you could sing for your warranty.

There are other ways to get it signed off and registered.

AW, how will the boiler manufacturer provide a warranty when the boiler has not been comissioned as per MI's?
They may provide the warranty, but if anything goes pearshape and they are called in, most will not honour the warranty. I've known WB to honour regrdless, but doubt if they still do this?

Gas Safe is your best bet. Let them know you had a boiler fitted recently and you have reason to believe most things have been done wrong. You would be lying, but they are likely to visit. They may then request that the installer come and commission the system. You will have the certificate sent to you by Gas Safe then so you can get completion certificate for your loft conversion. Good Luck

im sorry, have i read the op wrong? did it state that the boiler had not been turned on and commissioned? :)

if the boiler has not been fitted and commissioned correctly then manufacturer may not want to warranty it, but as its just a case of the builder telling the gas safe engineer to witheld the cert then it should be fine. It can be registerd online, just need the boiler details and the installers details. If there no instructions, then just ask worcester for a copy.

its simple really!

Plenty of money left over to pay someone to visit and get it signed off.
Personally, I refuse to sign off someone else's work, that's just me. If the custard is prepared to pay £500 squids, then I'm happy to come have a look. But if I find anything amiss, that will result in extra cash demands. If all in order, then, happy days.
When a customer tells me a boiler has been fitted but plumber is refusing to sign it off or complete the job, my first worry is: If the plumber has not been paid (Payment is almost always the issue), what chances are there that I will be paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
L
Reading between the lines, are the RGIs on...
Replies
Views
S
Nothing other than a pain to work on not...
Replies
Views
Back