Need help with the Boiler/water pressure in my flat :( | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Need help with the Boiler/water pressure in my flat :( in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

408winter

Help please - last few days water pressure to hot taps has gone right down and water pump is running constantly. Have checked all valves and they are on full. 3rd floor flat but unaware of any local problems. Tank constantly refilling but unable to get a decent stream of hot water.

I have recorded a short clip to see if it makes any more sense.

Need help with my boiler!! - YouTube

Any help would be very much appreciated :)

Have you got water in the tank above the hot water cylinder ?

The water tank is filling up with water constantly and does'nt seem to be heating up the water either. The water temperature coming from the shower is not very warm. There is a contant hissing noise coming from the pump.

Try turning the pump off at the switch, then give the tank time to fill up without using any taps.
When the filling noise stops - turn the pump back on & see if you have pressure back - the water temperature is likely to be a different issue

How long would it take to fill up? I switch it off at the mains during the night and when I go to work 7am - pm. As soon as I switch the power back on I still get that horrible hissing noise :(

you say the tank is filling constantly ? - doesn't the "filling" noise stop after a while ?
(ps your video on youtube looks like a winterthur way property)

Yeah it's filling constantly and i've tried to leave it going for a few hours and the hissing noise continues to go on.

Is it possible you've got a leak somewhere? Tank filling continuously, pump running continuously. Can you shut off the water supply to the tank and see if the level drops?

it could just be the ball valve in the tank that needs changing - but not having seen it I could be wrong.
Hope it isn't the pump - they're quite expensive.

when you say tank is filling do you mean the cylinder thats in the video if so is your overflow running water

Tried switching the supply to the tank off, and there does'nt seem to be a leak anywhere. There also seems to be a sufficient amount of water.

I hope so :)
It's been like this for a couple of weeks now and i've checked all the pipes for leaks ect. I read in the manual something about using a magnet to test the flow switch. When I did this and put the magnet to the reed clamp, the hissing noise was constant rather intermittent. Not sure if that means anything.
Please excuse my lack of knowledge.

Is water running through your toilet pan constantly ?

Ring pump maker, think its a stuart turner (Henley) very helpfull they also do on site repaires, pump you have around £600.00

The pump could hunt on & off if it has a fault but If the tank starts filling at the same time it does sound like water is moving through the system.

When the tank is full & its stopped making a filling noise & the pump is turned on, is the bath hot tap pressure ok ?

Turn off cold main to water tank - if it drops, you have a leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Personally I would remove the tmv valve and go...
Replies
Views
K
Is the set up you have now very poor or are...
Replies
Views
Back