need some advice on BG homecare ,boiler needs work doing they say | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss need some advice on BG homecare ,boiler needs work doing they say in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jif

thought as my boiler and heating is comming up to 5yrs old and never had a problem would take out boiler and central heating cover with BG the enginner came out to inspect and has slaped a risk sticker on the boiler and the bathroom floor needs to come up and quoted over £600 + removal and refitting of floor to be able to be covered .
the safety advice is that the flue needs to be supportted and the prv pipe is copper for first meter then goes to main waste pipe in the extension to the main drain but the engineer says it needs to be cooper all the way and run under floor to outside roof (surley it is better the releif valve vents excees water to drain and not out on to roof ?)
the system as installed by a corgi registered engineer when the extension was done in 2007 .
he has then turned off the boiler by the electric's and left us with no heat or hot water all over christmas ,we have asked BG and all we got was there engineers right stuck as to where to go from here tried for second oppion but over the christmas period cannot get anyone
would it be ok to turn the water back on?

You really need to get an independent qualified engineer to take a look, What's your location? Someone on here maybe local.

forget BG, get a local installer in to sort out the flue issue and test and put boiler back on.

i agree get a local guy out will probably be considerably cheaper as well

the flue sounds a bit dodgy i would defenitly get that sorted before you do anything,DONT switch it back on regardless of how its was before because of carbon manoxide posioning due to the flue not supported the prv pipe must go to the outside and face the wall were it terminates it carnt go into any drains or roofs as if it blows off its boiling hot water or 80deg i carnt understand why you would pay that kind of money to bg you could go thro a couple of pumps or boards ect before you get anywere near that,stick with a local engineer id ask a few out and see how they operate and try get one you can trust and u,ll probs find you,ll pay half the money uve been quoted just try and bite the bullet and get someone after xmas, as hard as that is £600 plus you could buy a new boiler for that

Last edited by a moderator:
Found them absolutely useless. unreliable appointment, sent people who seemed to be just out of training. one of them forgot to put a bucket under the boiler before unscrewing and flooded the place:(

Why has the flue got to be supported ? does it go througth roof ? and just needs a bracket fitting .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Still got the leak when checked after he left...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Should be fine after an hour of circulating...
Replies
Views
I have a atag and it's had a few things fail...
Replies
Views
Back